If you watched Jesus closely, you might be troubled by the people he interacted with and how he spent his time. More often than not, Jesus was with those on the margins; the poor, the widow, the orphan, and the oppressed. In fact, he seemed to take sides with them. Why did he choose these people?
Join us for this six week class, during which we'll grapple with critical questions like:
- Why does God care so much about the poor?
- Why should I care about the poor?
- How does God want me to respond to the panhandler on the street?
- What does poverty look like in Dallas?
- How can I make a difference?
Sundays, September 10-October 15
11:00 am-12:00 pm, Room 362
Laura Beagles, 214.523.2231, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Gutmann, 214.523.2296, email@example.com